At Proact, we’re a pan European data management specialist with a focus on unlocking the power of data through strategy, storage, connectivity, and security. But that’s only part of our story….
We’re also here to break the mould. To stake new ground. To do things differently. We’ve created a fast-paced, people-first working environment with a focus on innovation, learning and career development that encourages you to do just that.
Here, you can bring your whole self to work as you’ll be part of a truly diverse organisation, working with both local and national customers. You can act with integrity, act with commitment, and act with excellence in mind. And you can embrace change, seek out new challenges and learn by doing. All as part of a team with a shared sense of direction.
One that’s enabling innovation, accelerating growth, and disrupting entire industries.
This is what it means to #BeAProactivist.
What you’ll do
As a Graduate SOC Analyst you will be trained in all aspects of SIEM, using your studies, and possibly any work experience you may have, as a good foundation of knowledge to build upon. This is an entry level position and does not require any prior experience in Security Analysis.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Producing Security Analysis for Proact, and customers
- Looking for anomalies and patterns in events
- Analysing vulnerabilities in Proact’s and customer’s systems
- Monitoring for anomalies which could be IoC (Indicators of Compromise)
- Alerting customers and relevant internal decision makers of suspicious events
- Liaising with customers
- Checking for corresponding authentication failures etc.
- Growing your technical expertise in:
- Network protocols including TCP/IP fundamental
- Operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Hosting platforms, enterprise systems and infrastructure
- Virtual environments
- Security products such as anti-virus, IDS, IPS, SIEM, APT detection, VA systems
- Vulnerability management (network scanning, ethical hacking, penetration testing)
- Malware, virus, botnet, MITRE ATT&CK framework techniques, etc.
- Security standards, including ISO-27001, PCI/DSS, NHS Digital Framework, HMG SPF
To be a #proactivist in this role, you’ll need..
- Graduated in a relevant degree, such as Cyber Security or Information Security with a minimum grade of 2:2
- Able to obtain HMG SC clearance
- Interested in further developing their Cyber Security knowledge and completing relevant training as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely to both technical peers and senior (non-technical) business management
- Solid attention to detail
- Ability to think “outside the box” and identify opportunities to improve current processes
- Shift patterns may change to meet the role and department requirements, which can include:
- 12h Shifts based on a ‘four on, four off’ shift pattern. You are entitled to a one hour meal break and two fifteen minute comfort breaks during each of your shifts. You will work for four days between the hours of 7am and 7pm followed by four days off, followed by four nights between the hours of 7pm and 7am, again followed by four days off. The pattern then repeats. You will be required to work on weekends and public holidays where they fall on working days within your shift pattern
- Competitive Salary
- 33 Days Annual Leave
- Option to purchase additional 5 days leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private Medical Scheme