At Proact, we’re a pan European data management specialist with a focus on unlocking
the power of data through strategy, storage, connectivity, and security. But that’s only part
of our story….
We’re also here to break the mould. To stake new ground. To do things differently. And we’ve created a fast-paced, people-first working environment with a focus on innovation, learning and career development that encourages you to do just that.
Here, you can bring your whole self to work as you’ll be part of a truly diverse organisation, working with both local and national customers. You can act with integrity, act with commitment, and act with excellence in mind. And you can embrace change, seek out new challenges and learn by doing. All as part of a team with a shared sense of direction.
One that’s enabling innovation, accelerating growth, and disrupting entire industries.
This is what it means to #BeAProactivist.
What you’ll do
As the Head of Professional Services, you will be responsible for the management and development of an exceptionally talented team of individuals, ensuring you lead them to perform at their best. They are responsible for leading the way in delivering our managed services and on-premises projects for our customers. In doing so, they become an extension of the customer’s organisation. They are therefore a team of highly customer centric individuals that deliver outstanding experience day in day out.
You will be part of the Technical Services management team, responsible for ensuring delivery excellence across all our projects. Everyone in the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and cooperate in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with your peers in the Solutions Architects, Project Delivery and Managed Services teams to consistently raise the bar by reducing cost, complexity, and ambiguity.
You will have constant opportunity for development as you will work on challenging situations daily, using your leadership and technical knowledge to support the team and to solve a variety of challenges. The team are at the front-line in the delivery of our services and you will support them, be a point of escalation and assess the customer impact of any decisions. You will work with the technical leadership team using feedback and lessons learnt to drive continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for building relationships with our key vendors to ensure the skills and certifications in the team remain up to date and relevant for the projects we deliver.
You will also be a key stakeholder in our Technical Graduate Programme, bringing in and developing the next generation of Proactivists.
- Managerial responsibility of the Professional Services Consultants
- Work with resource co-ordinators to manage day-to-day activities and project bookings ensuring the right person with the right skills is allocated
- Act as a primary point of escalation for any issue arising from the Professional Services team
- Work with the Technical Services management team to track the project pipeline, utilisation and budgets of live and upcoming projects, ensuring the right prioritisation of work
- Review skills utilisation and trends to assess when training or additional resources may be requiredManage escalations and own the resolution of issues, ensuring all opportunities for continuous improvement of the service/processes are identified and met
- Responsible for the delivery quality and customer satisfaction across our projects
- Be a credible subject matter expert to support the sales team in customer opportunities
- Support the Solution Architect team in validation of professional services estimates
- Assist in the review and creation of Scope of Works document
- Hire, onboard and mentor new Professional Services team members to help them achieve their career goals
- Continuously evaluate performance and ensure opportunities to undertake lessons learnt reviews to inform the team’s development plans, ensuring a learning mindset within the team
- Create development plans and identify stretch assignments for the growth of the team
- Develop, maintain and optimise appropriate policies, processes and procedures for the Professional Services team to deal with incidents and deliver projects on time and to the required quality standards
- The role requires a balance of hands-on experience, day-to-day management and long-term planning and vision
To #BeAProactivist in this role you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience of a customer facing role in an MSP or IT reseller background
- 3+ years of successful leadership experience
- Experience utilising an ITIL service management framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in creating technical documentation or standard operating procedures for deployment or troubleshooting
- The ability to present well to both colleagues and customers
- Ideally come from a technical background. An appreciation of the technology aids in the understanding of the challenges and issues faced by your team.
- You will be expected to travel within the UK so a full UK driving license is required
- You will have a good technical knowledge of on-premises infrastructure including storage, virtualisation, networking, and datacentre standards
- Working technical knowledge of Public Cloud infrastructure and SaaS solutions will be an advantage as will networking knowledge
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone